January 5, 2012

Happy New Year Friends...

dear friends...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
wow!  what a year 2011 was for me!
how about you?
i can safely say that i am happy to see it behind me and look forward to a fresh new start in 2012.
i am still working on my word of the year.
last year's word was 
TRUST
and it was a perfect word for me!

i am excited about some new adventures i have in my head 
and a new direction with my art that i want to follow.
i am excited to grow and learn and cul*ti*vate 
with myself, my family and my friends this year.

there are some wonderful things swirling about right now 
and i wanted to share just a smidgen 
of what i am peeking at....with you!!!

i am super excited to see my sweet friend, Christy Tomlinson
teaming up with the talented Junelle Jacobson.
i have worked with christy on several adventures and 
i worked with junelle on
the 12 artsy ornaments of christmas.
together they are teaching a 3 week journaling workshop that should be full of fabulous ideas.

you can read more and sign up HERE


mindy lacefield is one of my favorite artists and friends.
i have been cheering her on since i first started this blog.
i am so excited that she is going to be teaching a workshop on how we can just "let go" and paint, rather than thinking about the details so much.  like we did when we were children!! love you mindy!!

you can read more and sign up HERE
(mindy is giving away a free class too, so hurry)

i love to find wonderful new supplies for my mixed media art and i am so thrilled to announce the launch of my dear friend rhonna farrer's new collection..."FOLLOW YOUR HEART!"
if there is ever someone i have met who follows her heart it's rhonna.  she is just a bundle of 
wonderful-heartfull-ness!
(that's a new word i just made up just for her!)
just check out this eye candy below!!!





can you say YUM.EEEEE.
i can hardly wait!!!!
this collection will be unveiled at CHA (the craft and hobby trade show) in a few weeks with MY MINDS EYE...
and
you can always buy the digital and printable add-ons of the this collection at RHONNA DESIGNS
go rhonna...i am so excited that we get to be 
the recipients of all your talents.  love you!


i am just touching the surface of all the goodness that is out there in the art and craft world right now.
i'll be back to share more soon.

in the meantime...what are your goals for the new year?
what excites you?  what do you have your heart set on?

share share share

xo

11 comments:

  1. *love* all the dreams being realized within the art community! i cannot wait for jeanne's ecourse that begins next week and terri brush's metal etching is keeping me focused on my word of the year {Be}..i'm {be.ginning} my creative journey wholeheartedly...it is going to be an amazing year!

    xo
    kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Chrissy - it is a delight to see you back in the blogsphere! Happy 2012 and I wish you many artful days during the year. Thanks for the heads-up on some exciting art adventures for the new year.

    I'm also glad to see you mention the 'word of the year'. I've been doing that for the past 3 years, but I haven't seen too many people mention it this year. I haven't posted on my blog *yet*, but my word for 2012 is Sparkle. Can't wait to hear what you settle on.

    Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~chrissy...a blessed 2012 to you and your family....may this year fill you and your muse with constant joy in all that you do...i am excited to see where your muse will be taking you...thank you for sharing all these talented women with us...i look forward to stumbling around these links!

    for me...i set my intentions a little different than before...i have chosen three words to help guide me along in 2012...

    i wish you well and much love light and blessings shining brightly upon you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Chrissy! I love Mindy...going to have to try and win that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to see you blogging again more! I've missed you! Happy New Year to you! My goal for the year is to (1) finally work through all those online courses I've signed up for (thank the Lord above I only sign up for ones with no time limit), and (2) Project 365. I've already started on number two on my blog. I hope you'll follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am beyond blessed to have you in my life! i cherish you and all this love you put into the world. i can't wait to connect with you again soon. i definitely need a Chrissy fix! asap.... :-) angel face, you rock my world!!! love you much sweet girl.
    xoxo
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy new year, dear deer!
    this post is like a new year's party!
    you are living it up + in such great company!
    i will love to hear what word you come up with...what ever it is, it will be precious because it will be of you.

    lovelovelove you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s.
    sometimes i can leave comments, still, from my lap top here. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these new papers from Rhonna! So fabulous!! I am really interested in the class with Junelle, I'm trying to squeeze more art time into my packed schedule and I'm thinking I might have to sign up for this class! Here's to a fresh start for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still thinking about my word for the year as well - hmmm, wil post about it soon! Have a lovely weekend Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm taking christy and junelle's class too and i am soooo excited!! love those two women...so talented!
    and rhonna's new goodies....EEEK i am so excited, she is amazing!!
    prioritize is my word this year and, like you, i am so happy to see 2011 in the rear view mirror and 2012 full speed ahead and full of good things!

    ReplyDelete

your comments put the biggest smile on my face!
thank you so very much!